Monday, August 18, 2014

Some Things I have Learned


 
I have learned that children are only miniature adults

 

I have learned that most adults are only oversized children.

 

I have learned that having an education is wonderful, but possessing wisdom is far greater.

 

I have learned that life’s road has many more rocks than rose petals.

 

I have learned that no one is exempt from trouble.

 

I have learned that, during a lifetime, one may have many acquaintances, but very few friends.

 

I have learned that we do not have to ask a true friend for help

 

I have learned that faith is the substance of hope

 

I have learned that hope is the sustenance that strengthens the soul.

 

I have learned that, in many cases, those who have little are more content than those who have much.

 

I have learned that money itself has no power over us, but that the love for it is very addictive.

 

I have learned that once we bring a thing into our possession, we can never again live without it.

 

I have learned that marriage is a continuing process and not just a ceremony

 

I have learned that there is a difference between being a father and being a daddy.

 

I have learned that what is said is the important thing, and not just how one says it.

 

I have learned that words actually do hurt more than sticks and stones and broken bones.

 

I have learned that, when one is angry, the mouth speaks much louder than the heart

 

I have learned that the way we live our lives will have a direct affect on others.

 

I have learned that when someone close to us hurts; we also hurt.. real bad!

 

I have learned that time does not heal all wounds, but it does allow us to become more reconciled to the pain

 

I have learned that life is very brief…for everybody!

 

I have learned that the only way that we can truly learn is by experience.

 

I have learned that we don’t trust God as much as we say we do!

 

I have learned that prayer changes things.

 

I have learned that God never changes.

 

I have learned that God hears every prayer, but does not always answer each one.

 

I have learned that God loves us much more than we love him!

 

I have learned that not everybody will love us

 

I have learned that the bible was given to tell God’s children how much he loves them.

 

I have learned that God does not deliver us from all trials, but he will be there with us during each one.

 

I have learned that excessive worry dilutes one’s faith.

 

I have learned that by the time we learn how to live, it’s usually time for us to die.

 

I have learned that bitterness is poison to the soul.

 

I have learned that an angry tone only causes more anger in the listener

 

I have learned that I know very little about love

 

I have learned that we do not have to receive permission from someone who has done us wrong in order to forgive them.

 

I have learned that we do not have to be taught by another in order for us to learn

 

I have learned that we never stop learning.

 

I have learned that some people never learn.

 

Sam Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment